About This Event
From July 18th to July 21st, 2013, MetaIntegral Foundation will host the third biennial Integral Theory Conference, the world’s largest academic conference devoted to the field of Integral Theory and practice. The conference will take place at the Airport Marriott Hotel, a wonderful space overlooking the San Francisco Bay and just minutes from San Francisco International Airport. As with the first two conferences, we expect this event to sell out with over 500 people in attendance. ITC 2013 will be held in partnership with Integral Institute and is launching with the support of our Diamond Sponsor, Integral Coaching Canada.
Click here to download the full 2013 conference brochure!
Connecting the Integral Kosmopolitan
The theme of ITC 2013 is "Connecting the Integral Kosmopolitan." According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a cosmopolitan person holds a view that is “worldwide rather than limited or provincial in scope or bearing.” The Integral Kosmopolitan has this expansive understanding of the integral field—one that sees integral as a broad and diverse tradition constituted of multiple authors, lineages, and influences. This focus builds on the momentum of the opening talk of the 2010 conference, as well as several of the key papers presented there, all of which shared an interest in advancing the field of Integral Theory by seeing Ken Wilber’s AQAL vision as a profound and seminal contribution, serving as a solid basis for expanded enactments of Integral Theory. The goal of ITC 2013 is to bring together Integral Kosmopolitans to connect and engage with one another, so that we may continue to enact integral as a burgeoning academic discipline.
Early Bird Registration: Before April 15th, 2013
Standard Registration: Before July 15th, 2013
Individual/ Professional w/ 2013 MP3 recordings
Student w/ 2013 MP3 recordings
Event Registration Information:
Please note: $20 of your conference registration money will go directly to the Integral Planet Endowment.
Tuition for the conference includes:
- 1-year electronic subscription to the Journal of Integral Theory and Practice (a $60 value)
- Entry to all conference sessions (individual, panel, and keynote)
- Conference brochure with speaker handouts and abstracts
Please note that registration does not cover the cost of workshops or meals.
Pre-conference workshops are $70 for a half-day - morning and afternoon - and $135 for a full-day.
We are pleased to announce that the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront is now accepting room reservations for conference attendees. Rooms are available at a reduced conference rate of $129.00 Double Occupancy. Our host hotel is just minutes from San Francisco International Airport and 15 miles from downtown San Francisco, offering a great location with great waterfront views. The hotel features 685 guestrooms including 24 luxurious suites. On-site restaurants are Hangar Steak, Flights 101 Lounge, and a Starbucks. Guests can choose from a variety of activities nearby - biking, hiking, sailing, and more! Make your reservation today!
2013 INTEGRAL THEORY CONFERENCE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Registration Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests for refunds must be sent in writing via e-mail to: ITC@metaintegral.org with the title "Conference cancellation" in the subject line.
Refunds will be issued via the original payment method used to purchase your registration. If you paid via credit card the refund will be credited to the original card.
1) Integral Theory Conference
Written requests for refunds will be processed as follows:
- Received by April 15, 2013: Full refund less a $35 per person administrative fee.
- Received April 15 through July 1, 2013: 80% refund less a $35 per person administrative fee.
- Received after July 1, 2013 (through July 18, 2013): 50% refund less a $35 per person administrative fee.
- Received after the main conference begins (July 19, 2013): No refunds. Cases of demonstrated emergency or personal crises will be reviewed on a case by case basis. It is the sole discretion of the conference organization team whether a partial refund might be granted after the start of the conference.
- Please note: We have changed our cancellation policy, removing a "no refund" option for late cancellations as long as they are received prior to the date the conference begins. We have done so because our experience has been that many people cancel late due to personal and family issues and this penalty seemed extreme. We ask, however, that participants be quite mindful and responsible about cancellation - it does inconvenience/upset the conference preparation process and may exclude another person on the waiting list from being able to attend if your request is not received prior to the date the conference begins.
2) MetaIntegral Workshop
Written requests for refunds will be processed as follows:
- Received by May 15, 2013: Full refund less a $10 per person administrative fee.
- Received May 15 through July 1, 2013: 80% refund less a $10 per person administrative fee.
- Received after July 1, 2013 (through July 17, 2013): 50% refund (administrative fee included)
- Received after the workshop begins (July 18, 2013): No refunds. Cases of demonstrated emergency or personal crises will be reviewed on a case by case basis. It is the sole discretion of the conference organization team whether a partial refund might be granted after the start of the workshops.
Ticket Trading or "Gifting" Policy
We are expecting a sold-out conference. In order to honor those people on the waiting-list, ticket trading or “gifting” to another person is not allowed. For registrants who can not attend the conference please see the above Refund Policy
Please be careful and hold on to your badges at the conference. They are your pass into the event. In the past we have had persons come to the event without permission, and therefore any participant spotted without a proper badge may be asked to reconfirm their registration with the organizing team before proceeding on to further conference activities. We reserve the right to deny access to any person who is not properly registered for the event.
The program is subject to change without notice, as unanticipated cancellations or personal crises sometime happen in the case of speakers. We will not alter our refund policy due to speaker or program changes.
Photo and Recording Release
Attending the conference grants the MetaIntegral Foundation the right to take digital images of activities at the event which include participants and reproduce these for lawful purposes. MetaIntegral Foundation also will be recording presentations, so any public comments or communications at a presentation will be recorded and may be reproduced for lawful purposes. By registering, you release MetaIntegral to perform these activities.
You can contact ITC@metaintegral.org if you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions.